Export Promotion Council For Handicraft (EPCH)
Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87 and is a non-profit organization, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts. It is an apex body of handicrafts exporters for promotion of exports of Handicrafts from country and projected India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier of high quality of handicrafts goods & services and ensured various measures keeping in view of observance of international standards and specification. The Council has created necessary infrastructure as well as marketing and information facilities, which are availed both by the members’ exporters and importers. The EPCH is engaged in promotion of handicrafts from India and project India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier of high-quality handicrafts.
The EPCH is run and managed by team of professionals headed by Executive Director. The Committee of Administration consists of eminent exporters, professionals. The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts has a rarest distinction of being considered as MODEL COUNCIL that is self-sustaining and where all the promotional activities are self-financed.
EPCH continued pursuit of excellence and the objective of achieving the hallmark of quality assurance by extending excellent services to all the members and stake holders has led the Council to become an ISO 9001 : 2015 certified organization.
1. Providing commercially useful information and assistance to members in developing and increasing exports.
2. Offering professional advice and services to members in areas of technology up gradation, quality and design improvement, standards and specifications, product development, innovation etc.
3. Organizing visits of delegation of its members abroad to explore overseas market opportunities.
4. Participating in specialized International Trade Fairs of handicrafts & gifts.
5. EPCH Organizing Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Fair at New Delhi.
6. Interaction between exporting community and Govt. both at the Central and State level and representation in almost all the committees / panels of Central and State and represents in almost all the committees / panels of Central and State.
7. To create an environment of awareness through Workshops on “Export Marketing, Procedures and Documentation”, Packaging, Design Development, Buyer Seller Meet, Open House etc. interaction with Central and State Govt. and various other similar programs.
8. Dissemination of government notification, orders, information on trade and other relevant information to members.
Highlights of the council
Export of handicrafts the exports of Handicrafts have shown an increase of 2835.27 crores, from 21557.12 to 24392.39 crores, an increase of 13.15% in rupees term. In dollar terms, the exports have shown the increase of US $ 346.30 millions i.e. the exports increased by 10.52% over the similar period in 2015- 2016.
During the period, the exports of Art Metalware, Woodwares, Hand printed Textiles & Scarves, Embroidered & Crochetted goods, Shawls as artwares, Attar and Agarbatties and Misc. Handicrafts showed an increasing trend of 17.30%, 0.19%, 34.46%, 9.87%, 4.90%, 7.83%,and 27.96% in rupees terms respectively while Zari & Zari Goods & Imitation Jewelry showed a negative growth of 39.26% & 23.42% respectively. In USD terms Art Metalware, Hand printed Textiles & Scarves, Embroidered & Crochetted goods, Shawls as artwares, Attar & Agarbatties and Misc. Handicrafts have shown an increasing trend of 14.65%, 31.30%, 7.22%, 1.79%, 5.35% & 24.99% respectively while Woodwares, Zari & Zari Goods & Imitation Jewellery showed a negative growth of 2.16%, 40.67% & 25.19%..
The India Expo Centre – one of the finest expositions and business centers set up in 2006 and inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India and has taken shape in India for international marketing of the products of cottage sector. Everything in this state-of-art complex has been created with a single purpose to be the preferred destination for international business, exhibitions, trade fairs and business meets in India.
India Expo Centre has been constructed to international standards by a team of world -class professionals. India Expo Centre is unique project in Asia and Located at Greater Noida connected with New Delhi through a series of flyovers and express ways, India Expo Centre features an expansive exhibition and mart complex built to the highest international standards.
With a total covered area close to 2,35,000 sq. mtrs. India Expo Centre represents a rare combination of grandeur and state-of-the-art facilities for conducting business on a global scale. The India Exposition Mart have large exposition area consisting 8 exhibition halls and 1800 permanent showrooms with state of art facility at the first phase. This world class facility will act as a centralized contact point for buyers and sellers from all over the world to converge and conduct business in India. The Indian Handicrafts & Gifts Fairs held biannually in the Mart besides product specific shows.