Export Promotion Council for Agricultural & Processed Foods.
Many people thinking that they want to start their export business but they don’t know how I can get the information about any sector or product. How I can found the certifications needed for export of any products.
The Export Promotion council helps in sponsoring the development of export-related industries. They assist in diversifying the productive sector of the nation and to foster market-oriented, private sector-economy via market-oriented export goods development.
Agriculture is the most important sector of Indian Economy. Indian agriculture sector accounts for 18 per cent of India’s gross domestic product (GDP) and provides employment to 50% of the countries workforce. … India has many areas to choose for business such as dairy, meat, poultry, fisheries and food grains etc.
APEDA is the council for agriculture and processed foods.
The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act passed by the Parliament in December, 1985.
Creating a world class organization dedicated to promote India as the ‘supplier of choice’ of agro and value added food products in the global markets.
Promote world consumption of agro and processed foods exports from India, continuously expanding the export basket to make India the leading exporter from South & South-East Asia
Make rapid in-roads in the global markets by overcoming market access barriers through negotiations and equivalence arrangements
Develop consumer bases for Indian products among main stream population of target countries through innovative campaigns and action plans.
Enhance the size of export base for agro and processed food products in India to double the current size in five years by working in close partnership with the public and private sectors.
Enhance the quality of Indian exports to exceed global quality levels
Make APEDA a self-reliant organization, known and respected world-wide for its competence in technical, developmental and trade related functions
APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the following scheduled products:
- Fruits, Vegetables and their Products.
- Meat and Meat Products.
- Poultry and Poultry Products.
- Dairy Products.
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products.
- Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products.
- Cocoa and its products, chocolates of all kinds.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Cereal and Cereal Products.
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts.
- Pickles, Papads and Chutneys.
- Guar Gum.
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products.
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants.
In addition to this, APEDA has been entrusted with the responsibility to monitor import of sugar.
In accordance with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985, (2 of 1986) the following functions have been assigned to the Authority.
- Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance or otherwise for undertaking surveys and feasibility studies, participation in enquiry capital through joint ventures and other reliefs and subsidy schemes;
- Registration of persons as exporters of the scheduled products on payment of such fees as may be prescribed;
- Fixing of standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports;
- Carrying out inspection of meat and meat products in slaughter houses, processing plants, storage premises, conveyances or other places where such products are kept or handled for the purpose of ensuring the quality of such products;
- Improving of packaging of the Scheduled products;
- Improving of marketing of the Scheduled products outside India;
- Promotion of export oriented production and development of the Scheduled products;
- Collection of statistics from the owners of factories or establishments engaged in the production, processing, packaging, marketing or export of the scheduled products or from such other persons as may be prescribed on any matter relating to the scheduled products and publication of the statistics so collected or of any portions thereof or extracts therefrom.
- Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products;
- Such other matters as may be prescribed.
If we want to export or import Agriculture, Poultry, Processed Foods, Honey, Alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, Herbal & Medicinal Plants, etc. APEDA is total guide for you.