Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC)
EEPC India has been the face of Indian engineering exports over a span of 63 years when India grew from a nation exporting just $10 million of engineering goods in 1955 to $81 billion in 2018-19 and is regarded as the model EPC in India by the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
EEPC India is the premier trade and investment promotion organization in India. It is sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, and caters to the Indian engineering sector. As an advisory body it actively contributes to the policies of the Government of India and acts as an interface between the engineering industry and the government. Set up in 1955, EEPC India now has a membership base of over 13,000 out of whom 60% are SMEs.
EEPC India organizes a large number of promotional activities such as buyer-seller meets (BSM) – both in India and abroad, overseas trade fairs/exhibitions, and India pavilions/information booths in selected overseas exhibitions to demonstrate the capabilities of the Indian engineering industry and to provide overseas buyers with true value as propagated by Brand India.
Indian Engineering Exhibition (INDEE) is EEPC India’s own brand and is one of the largest expositions of engineering in the world. Over a period of 42 years INDEE has been established as the largest and most important showcase for Indian engineering abroad.
EEPC India facilitates sourcing from India and encourages MSMEs to raise their standard at par with international best practices. It also encourages MSMEs to integrate their business with the global value chain.
To encourage building global partnerships with India, EEPC India organizes the International Engineering Sourcing Show (IESS), the largest display in the country of engineering products and services, every year. This is recognized as the only engineering sourcing event in India – showcasing the latest technologies and a preferred meeting place for global buyers and sellers. This show is also important to encourage foreign investments in line with the newly-initiated Make in India campaign by the Government of India.
Extending its regular agenda, EEPC India publishes several reports/studies to make its members aware about international trends and opportunities in order to enhance their global footprint.
With ‘Engineering the Future’ as its motto, EEPC India serves as the reference point for the Indian engineering industry and the international business community in its efforts towards establishing India as a major engineering hub in the future.
What we do to promote the exports of engineering goods
Keep in constant communication with Chambers of Commerce and other mercantile and public bodies throughout the world with a view to taking appropriate and necessary measures for maintaining or increasing the exports of engineering goods;
Advise/represent to the government, local authorities, and public bodies on policies and other measures;
Support up gradation of technology to boost India’s engineering exports and establish synergy between industry and academia;
Prepare, edit, print, publish, issue, acquire, and circulate books, papers, periodicals, gazettes, circulars, and other literature treating or bearing upon industry, trade or commerce, pertaining to engineering goods.
Avail worldwide infrastructure of the EEPC India – serving the exporting community for the last 50 years.
- Visa assistance on business visits abroad.
- Receive weekly magazine through e-mail which covers global tenders, projects, live enquiries, govt. notifications, market reports, forex rates, steel prices, etc at free of cost.
- Receive live Trade Leads & Tenders by e-mail.
- Get the worldwide coverage of Indian Engineering Sector through EEPC India’s website by hosting / hyper-linking your website.
- Avail various Government Export Promotional schemes and assistance.
- Participate in World Class Exhibitions organized by the Council and also get assistance in participating in other events through EEPC India.
- Get the latest statistical information on India’s exports and imports and also on World’s Imports and Exports for your products.
- Provides free assistance on export financing with various institutions and banks.
- Organization to express the voice of the exporters to the Government.
- Act as an interface with the Government to avail incentives quickly.
- Get professional advice on Quality upgrades and Technology Upgrades.
- Last but not least, become a part of FIRST ISO 9001:2000 Certified Organization in the Country especially, for DESIGN & EXECUTION of EXHIBITION Management Services across the globe.
Activities and Services of EEPC
The marketing activities of the EEPC are manifold and in addition to direct marketing, structured promotional events are organized on a regular basis so as to create awareness on the capability of Indian engineering exporters. The various promotional activities carried out on a regular basis are product specific delegation to select countries, exclusive Indian Engineering Exhibition, country participation in Specialized Trade Fairs, Catalogue Show, Buyer-Seller Meets, Product Specific Seminars and Conferences – both in India and abroad.